EXPERIENCE 1992 – 1994 Please be fair when rating, your vote Be the first to submit a comment on this portfolio. The comment will be reviewed by the artist before it is displayed.
Spring 2007 - Present
FutureTribe – Design Director
• Create FutureTribe ladies leather/shearling outerwear collection – successfully launched F07 to Bloomingdale’s and specialty stores.
Fall 2004 – Spring 2007
New Apparel Concept – Design Director
• Revived Drizzle brand for Men’s and Ladies’ (licensing) coat line – successfully reintroduced Drizzle label to Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom’s, Bloomingdales, Parisian, Harry Rosen.
• Created Perry Ellis Men’s (licensing) rainwear & outerwear line from concept to product
• Created Lalo Leather and Shearling from concept to product – Successfully launched with leather and shearling outerwear in Bloomingdales and boutique stores.
• Created True Meaning (licensing) coat and outerwear line from concept to product.
• Working with private label account for ladies sportswear, including Danier, Laura Shop, True Meaning and Cache.
Fall 1996 – Fall 2004
Sanyo New York – Design Director
• Created and maintained Sanyo image in all aspects – Successfully enhanced Sanyo label to become the 2nd most recognized brand in rainwear category and the 7th in outerwear category (Departure magazine luxury survey, September 2003).
• Market entry from concept to product – created and developed new market strategy launch outerwear label Sanyo label Sanyo Concept at F99 to Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s, secondary line Dress Essentials by Sanyo label at F99 to Macy’s and Lord & Taylor. Launch Sanyo overcoat at Fall01 to Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. Create exclusive merchandise and EDI programs for private label buyers.
• Multiple line product design – developed multiple product lines for different price point and market. In addition to coat and outerwear for US market, designed women’s sportswear collection- Sanyo’s ‘Fragile’ line for Japanese domestic market from S99. Trend presentation and design coordination for ladies’ suits between Sanyo NY and Japan for Talbots and J.Crew.
• Created seasonal national campaigns and related marketing materials ensuring solid and consistent brand image – from 1999, created and directed in-house all seasonal photo and national image production for magazine advertising, which resulted in 60% production expense savings. Capitalized on strengthened financial capabilities through line book, postcard, web site, showroom, and trade show presentation.
• Trend forecast and market direction – researched trend and shopped market throughout Paris, Milan, Amsterdam, Japan and Hong Kong. Developed and produced in-house trend presentation for US and Tokyo head office.
• Line planning and merchandising - translated trend to appropriate market and price range. Gained extensive experience in sample making, production, direct manufacturing, and package program throughout Italy, Bulgaria, China, Thailand, Japan, and US. Material sourcing including Paris, Italy, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and China. Develop exclusive fabric, trim, tag and label.
• Product and quality assurance - comprehensive knowledge of fitting, garment construction and garment manufacturing flow. Competence includes women’s plus and petite size to men’s short, long big and tall size.
Fall 1994 – Fall 1996
The Levy Group – Assistant designer
• Women’s outerwear, rainwear, overcoat.
• Experience with manufacturing in Ukraine and China.
• Domestic sample making with domestic and overseas sourcing.
Fashion Institute of Technology – Associate degree
• Women’s sportswear, specialized in fashion art and tailoring.
FigDig Portfolio Rating Form
contributes to portfolio search rankings.
What people are saying about this portfolio
1992 – 1994
Please be fair when rating, your vote